Like me there are many people who love to take pictures. Photography has recently turned into one of the passionate job for many. Youth are getting connected with such new ventures and taking that to next level.
To pursue the dream of being a photographer, one needs to have enough knowledge about photo angles, use of light, object or subject and lenses. Market will help you to come across variety of cameras starting from low to high range. DSLR, SLR, Point and shoot Camera are easily available in the market. But you need to differentiate between these types of cameras so that buying can be easy and within budget.
- Technology : SLR cameras were first in the row when photography was increasing its width. DSLR cameras are an updated and technically advanced version of SLR And point and shoot are popular among the people who don’t consider themselves photographers but want easy-to-use cameras.
- Feature : SLR cameras have single senses to take photos. But DSLR is much modern and advanced in true sense. It has digital sense to take the photos. Point and shoot cameras are also no less when it comes to features and advancement. It has all the features to produce good pictures.
- Budget : SLR was expensive, DSLR is much expensive. Buying a DSLR needs enough of planning because its range starts from 15k approximately. Point and shoot cameras are very easily available and not much expensive. It can be purchased within budget.
- Storage Option : DSLR are said to be best for budding photographers. The reason behind this is, DSLR cameras have memory cards in it instead of film which helps new photography learning people to check each click they do without wasting a film. On the other hand SLR cameras have camera film installed in it, which is expensive to waste for photography learning. For startups you can go for point and shoot camera, which will help you to get knowledge of clicking as they also have option to insert the memory card.
- Storage Capacity : DSLR and point and shoot cameras have memory card in it which helps in storing various types of photos in huge numbers. Photographers don’t have to think before clicking and thus they can go on clicking. Whereas, SLR have camera roll in it which can same only 36 images per roll.
- Videography : For DSLR cameras, you can go video shooting as well. DSLR cameras have the feature to make videos in it. Same goes for point and shoot cameras as well. Well, for SLR cameras you don’t get this feature.
- Maintenance : SLR, DSLR camera needs extra care and protection. With variety of interchangeable lenses, a photographer needs to carry all its accessories. When it comes to point and shoot camera care, all you need is pocket to keep it.
- Availability : SLR cameras are found rare as market is covered by DSLR cameras. Wide range of DSLR cameras sometimes confuses people as which on to buy. In case of point and shoot camera, a buyer need no research to be done beforehand and almost every range of point and shoot camera possess came type of features.
- Picture Quality : When clarity is needed in pictures, SLR camera can give it to you, DSLR can give its best, while point and shoot camera cannot go beyond a certain limit because of its limited range of pixels installed in it.
- Preview Mode : In SLR cameras you need to wash the pictures to see it, while DSLR and point and shoot camera provides you the feature of preview on their LCD screen.