There are some incredible facts about the highly auspicious temple, Jagannath Puri Temple in Puri.
This temple was built in 12th Century by then ruler Chodaganga Deva and this temple is also famous for the ‘Rath Yatra’ which takes place every year.
Some of the facts about this temple are here, which have even boggled the mind of scientists.
- The flag atop the Jaganath temple runs in the opposite direction of the wind and there is no reason till now for that.
- You go to any place in the town and you will see the Sudarshan Chakra, is facing you… Mystifying..
- Normally during time the sea breeze comes, i.e. from air to land and in the evening the land breeze. But you know, in Puri totally opposite happens and nobody knows why.
- You know, nothing flies about the temple, no flies, no planes, no birds and their no scientific explanation for that too.
- One cannot see the shadow of the temple, that too any time of the day, which is quite astounding.
- There is an ocean near the temple and when you enter the temple through the main door Singhadwara, you cannot hear any sound of the ocean, even if you move backwards.
- It is said that if Lord Jagannath refuses to visit his aunt and then no matter how many persons move the chariot, it won’t move a bit.
- Every day a priest climbs at temple atop and changes the flag and if it doesn’t change then it must be shut for 18 years. This practice is continued from 1800 years.
- In Lord Jagannath kitchen, 7 pots are cooked simultaneously and the pot on the top gets cooks at the first.
- The quantity of food or prasadam is always and it can feed upto 2000 to 20 lakh people.