Love is the essence of life. It is such an ingredient that makes life get a whole new perspective. Without love it is not possible for any living thing to survive. Love and romance go hand in hand. Romance is available everywhere from earth to sea, moon to mud and from heart to books.
I am a hard core romantic person and I find everything beautiful when it revolves around love. So, if you too are an intense romantic person then you should go for reading on to some great romantic stories or novels apart from doing other stuffs in your life.
You may not be aware of some of the great novels that are completely romantic from beneath and above to bring out those extra lovey dovey feelings from your end. Here you will get a list of such pretty novels that can be your best partner for weekends.
1. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen has topped the list because of its great capacity to catch love, romantic and intensity of two persons. Austen has perfectly mended both the characters – Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy where the girl is lively witty and humorous and on the other hand the guy is full of pride and arrogant. A perfect combo to spend time with.
2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte is another masterpiece of its kind. Two main characters – Catherine and Heathcliff have been shown having great understanding and are strong headed, passionate and intense lovers. The story is about love, separation, needs and passion.
3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte revolves around the main protagonist Jane Eyre. An orphan Jane is tourtured by her aunts during her young age, after she reaches Thornfield Hall as a governess she falls in love with mysterious and dominating Mr. Rochester. The novel is a pure art of fiction set during the reign of George III (1760-1820).
4. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks is a hardcore romantic novel starring Noah and Allie as the main protagonist. The novel greatly captures some sweet young love between the two and the summer romance adds freshness to the story. A perfect blend on your rainy days with a cup of coffee.
5. P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern is one of that kind of love stories that only makes you feel that love never ends. Staying with that person or not is never an area of concern when you are in love. Holly and Gerry make the best couple together and the emotional bonding Holly shares with her husband after his death is quite inspiring.
6. Love Story by Erich Segal is a simple love story where Oliver and Jenny, two college friends fall in love and marry against their parents wish. Jenny is diagnosed with leukemia and her better half tries to save her at any cost. A tale of love, separation by death and much more in involved in this story.
7. The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald is a bitter-sweet love story that revolves around mysterious millionaire Gatsby and his passionate lover Daisy. The story revolves around both the protagonist in middle of modernism and idealism. The aura of Gatsby is all that you will crave for more.
8. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell has a backdrop of American Civil War and Reconstruction Era. The plot is set in Clayton County and Atlanta. Mitchell received the prestigious Pulitzer Prize for Fiction for the book in year 1937.
9. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is a great love story where Henry is a time traveler who is deeply in love with his wife Clare but he can’t control the transitioning between various phases of his life. Clare is the only person who meets him at various stages of her life. Togetherness is what the readers expect from both of them in the novel.
10. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks is a young age romantic novel where two teenagers fall in love with each other despite the disparity of their personalities.