Religion is a belief that willingly or unwillingly is within us. How hard we try to get over it, we still believe in religion, our respective Gods, our culture and our customs. Each religion is different from the other and every religion has its own way to pray to God.
When the world is divided into so many religions, then naturally religious places in the world are also high in numbers. Each spiritual place has its own variance and also its own religious beliefs as per the religion.
Here, let us sort out the various religious cities in the world that is rich in its divines and is considered to be the place where Lord listens to your prayer.
1. First in the list is Varanasi, India which is considered to be the holy religious place for Hindus, Buddhists and Jains. The city is located in north of India and as per mythology; Lord Shiva discovered the city. This city is also considered to be the most sacred city from among all the seven sacred cities of Hindu religion.
2. Mecca, Saudi Arabia is the holiest city as per Islam. Many stories to define the history of the place have been doing the rounds. The place holds the religious beliefs more due to the history that says Prophet Muhammad was born in Mecca and after he took control of the place, declared the place of Muslim pilgrimage and the place to worship Allah.
3. Jerusalem, Israel, the oldest city of the world is said to be the holy place for the Jewish community. The city was built in 4000 BC and Jews have considered the city as the spiritual city since 10th Century BC.
4. Lhasa, Tibet means “place of the Gods”. The place was called the home of Dalai Lamas in 1600 century. Presently, Tibetans are minority in the place after Chinese invaded the area. The place has Jokhang Temple, Norbulingka and the Potala Palace as the religious places to visit in the city.
5. Vatican City, Rome is one of the well known and spiritual place for Christians. Roman Cathoic Church and the residence of Popes are located at this place only, making the place a holy shrine for Christians.
6. Bethlehem, Jerusalem is also a great pilgrimage place for Christians. The place is considered as holy and divine for this place is said to be birthplace of Jesus. It is also the homeland for many Palestinian Christians.
7. Mahabodhi temple, India is the holiest temple for Buddhist community people across the globe. This is the place where Buddha is said to have attained enlightenment. This is also tagged as one of the oldest temple in the world.
8. Karnak Temple, Egypt has largest religious building and the city of temples was built over 2000 years ago. The Cult temple is dedicated to Theban Triad Amun, Mut and Khonsu. The place is huge and geographically it covers two miles area.
9. Medina, Saudi Arabia is also a holy shrine for Muslims like Mecca. This is the place where Prophet Muhammad fled away after driven out of Mecca. Only muslims can enter this place to offer prayers.
10. Pushkar, India is the creation of Lord Bramha. This place is a divine place for Hindus and people across the world come here to take a bath in the month of October and November at one the 52 ghats that the place holds.