Let’s begin the write up with the story of most expensive wine. If we go deep in the history, we see wine is quinsee tial element of every society on the world. Historians of Germany are on debate as whether to open or not the world’s oldest bottle of wine which is believed to be 1,650 years old bottle containing something white liquid sealed with wax. It was displayed at the Pfalz Historical Museum for more than a century.
Wines are expensive but drinking a glass of wine is pure bliss. Heavenly feeling is what a glass of authentic and pure wine carries with it. If you are wine lover then you should definitely know the names of the most expensive wines at your fingertips. This will enhance your knowledge and also your buying capacity largely.
- Let’s start off with the name of Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon 1992. As the name is a five word composition, so is its taste. The most expensive wine noted in the world’s wine history in recent times. Pricing $500,000 makes it on the top of the list. Its irresistible taste and the pleasure after drinking it, makes it one of the popular wine of the world.
- Chateau Margaux 1787 is the second in this list. This wine too deserves to be in this place for its whooping price and great taste. Thomas Jefferson often kept this particular wine in his collection. It costs upto $500,000.
- The third in the list is Chateau Lafite 1787. This wine was sold to Malcolm Forbes in 1985 for a price of $ 160,000. This makes this wine popular and much in demand for its high profile meet.
- Penfolds Grange Hermitage 1951 is also a great wine. One bottle of Penfolds is sold at $38,420. It is considered as the most expensive Australian wine. If reports are to be believed then only 20 bottles of this wine exists in the world at present.
- Next in this list is Cheval Blanc 1947. This wine is one among the two wines who have achived the status of being Class A in the Classification of Saint Emilion wine. This wine can be bought by paying the price of $33, 781 for 750ml.
- Inglenook Cabernet Sauvignon 1941 is another one which should be included in the list. Francis Ford Coppola owns this wine. it was sold in 2004 for $24,675. The fresh rose petal aroma and its violet base that makes this wine get included in the list. It is one of the expensive and popular wine in the world.
- Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1945 is available at a price of $16,992 for 750ml. this wine is regarded as one of the greatest vintages of the previous century.
- Domaine de la Romanee-Conti 1990 is made out of some great berries from over the world. This wine takes time to get made as the luscious fruit flavours are hard to capture. This wine is made of berries which are plucked from the vines that are about 50 years old. This costs upto $20,975.
- Chateau Lafite 1865 can be bought by paying the price of $4,650. This wine is said to be 150 years old wine and tastes heaven. Wine lovers can get this easily from the wine shops.
- Lastly, Chateau Margaux 2009 Balthazar. Chateau Margaux is considered to be one of the most expensive wine brand in the world. It costs $4,062 for each bottle. One of the best vintage wine you can drink by paying the noted amount.