Life is tough when you are out of your comfort zone. Home is a place that brings love, comfort, happiness and all soothing emotions that makes you all together. Leaving home and moving to hostel is always the worst part of life, but more worse is when you leave your hostel life.
People who have lived hostel life are always in love with that kind of life. The freedom, the self dependency, the crisis, the friendship, the attachment that a hostler inherits is thousand moments to be cherished. Those who have lived the hostel life know it better. But for once let’s go back to that time when things were limited, but fun was unlimited.
- Hostel life is all about arranging things in limited space that you had. One bed, one almirah, if lucky enough then one table and chair to study. Adjusting things in such small space is an art.
- Sleeping for whole day and studying at night is one of the common practice that hostel people do.
- The food served in hostel is so amazingly bad that you will not be able to eat extra one spoon after you have unwillingly filled your tummy.
- Having a good roommate is a bliss, but having a bad roommate will entirely spoil your day, week, months and years you are together. But at last, you end up being best buddies.
- Each type ‘Daaru Party’ is on, you can hear some great unsuccessful love stories from your friends.
- Birthday celebration is just an excuse to have booze party. And the birthday cake once cut is never served to all. It is used as face pack for all.
- Attending various functions where food is served is one of the pet habit all hostel people are excellent in. attending such marriage parties and successful coming out with filled up tummy is considered as an achievement.
- Crisis that students go through in hostel life is also something that is remembered. Less money, less clothes, limited amount of availability of things are some type of situations that all of us have dealt with during hostel life.
- Hostel room becomes one stop destination for all non hostler friend. Staying with you at night in hostel is mostly done by all your close friends.
- Staying awake whole night is something very common during hostel life. Eating late night maggi at 2am is something that other food items can do. The satisfaction of 2am maggi can’t be expressed in words.
- Waiting for roommates to bring some homemade delicacies when they return back after a long stay at home is what all have done. Sharing that food brings in homesickness for everyone of us who were unable to visit home quite often.
- Sharing clothes with your roommates is a common rule. All the clothes each one possess is of everyone staying in the room.
- Keeping nicknames from canteen cook to hostel warden is very common. Calling by weird nicknames is fun and the best part is no one is able to understand to whom you are addressing.
- Teammate spirit is what you learn the most. Your roommates become your friends and family. Crossing any limit for your friends is the best part of hostel life.
- Lastly, weekends are always full of life. You visit some place, cook some good food, go for hangout and so on.
Leaving hostel life after you have lived most of your life there is tough and pathetic. You enter the practical world soon after hostel life, which is more torturous.