When you belong to India, the culture and tradition is bound to follow you. The best part about belonging to this country is that you can witness so many things that other nations may lack to deliver you.
There are many things that we can talk about when it comes to Indian culture and tradition. But here we will take up a single subject as Indian traditional furnishings that were used in the previous time but somehow went to oblivion. But with change in time and people’s choice, these furnishing products are again back with a bang and making people go crazy over their look and design.
Now, no more of wasting time. Let’s directly get to know about all those Indian furnishings that are back in the society:
- Clay Bowls: One of the most used item during the reign of kings and queens. These clay bowls were used at the entrance of the palace to welcome guests. Nowadays the same tradition is followed in many hotels and villas. These clay bowls are decorated with flowers and candles that gives a new look which attracts visitors. It really looks soothing and is accepted warmly.
- Moodha: An older version of bean bag which has several advantages like it can be used as a charpoy, like a woven stool and so on. Other advantages include acupressure benefits that can be used by anyone and it even looks very cool once placed.
- Canopy Beds: One of the royal feeling can be available if you have this one at your home. Canopy beds are something that emperors used for resting and sleeping. The big size bed with heavy curtains helped in making the bed beautiful along and made the bed cozy. The privacy was maintained inside it. The mosquitoes were also unable to go inside the heavy curtains. The temperature was comparatively low on the bed.
- Charpoy: Charpoy is another version of bed that was used among people who were not that high class. But now, this has become a fashion and people are taking initiative to buy such charpoy to bring in a stylish identity to their home décor. With new type of paintings and accessories, this bed also looks good and brings in a cool statement for gennext.
- Wooden Swings: Wooden swings or wooden jhulas are what people now even like. During the time of prince and princess, kings and queens, these types of wooden furniture were used. After some point of time, they just vanished. But now people want to add that elegance and tradition to their home and so these wooden swings can do judgement to their choice and vision.
- Wooden Serve Ware: If you take a look at the crockery items that are used, you will be amazed to see that most of the items used are made up of wood. From wooden spoons to wooden cups, everything is of wood. Wooden serveware are slowly grasping the market and this is helping some elite class people to include it in their day to day use.
- Lanterns: One of the most special thing that is again back. Lanterns now are available of different shapes and sizes and also of different décor. Earlier also lanterns were available, but now the fusion touch into it had added that extra grace in it, making the piece look more ethnic and cozy.
- Bamboo Blinds: Till now this is the best way to keep your home cool during summers. Bamboo blinds are rocking the time till now and people really like them. Newer and much sophisticated version is available, giving the demand of it a boost up.