Fearless Nadia was a stunt woman and actress and also was biggest star of 1930s – 40s. She worked in Indian Cinema and starred in the movies called Diamond Queen, Hunterwali, Toofan Queen and Fighting Queen. She bid goodbye to the world in 1993 and a short documentary was made as a tribute to her by her great – grandnephew.
Let’s glance through some facts of Fearless Nadia:
- Her real name was Mary Evans and she was daughter of Scotsman Herbert Evans and Greek belly dancer Margret.
- In her movies she had a pet horse named Punjab Ka Beta and a dog called Gunboat and her car called Rolls – Royce Ki Beti.
- She led a happy life but her battle with alcoholism was there till her end.
- She married to Homi Wadia at the age of 50, as her mother doesn’t approve the marriage of two and after her mother’s death they both married.
- She changed her name to Nadia from Mary when she was in Lahore and one fortune teller told her to do so. She was introduced to Jamshed and Homi Wadia, producers and founders of Movietone Productions by Eruch Kanga.
- Her lead film Hunter Wali was a huge success and performed so many stunts in this movie and her future movies were full of stunts and they got more dangerous movie by movie.
- According to News.com, the movie Rangoon, which is scheduled to release on 24th Feb, 2017 starring Shahid Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut and Saif Ali Khan is based on the life of Fearless Nadia. It is according to her biography only she falls in love with an army officer.
- She had a son in 1926 named Robert Jones but only after Homi and Nadia married, they officially adopted Robert Jones or Bobby. The character of Saif Ali Khan in Rangoon is loosely based on Homi – love of Nadia’s life.
- The movie Rangoon, which is based on the biography on Fearless Nadia, will give you more glimpse of her life.