Amla is one of the widely used herbs in ayurvedic medicines. It also helps us to keep away from all the diseases by boosting our immune system. It is the excellent source of vitamin C . It is used for many purposes like :- making pickles, chutneys, jams, and murabba to making a healthy juice out of it. Amla is also known as the Indian gooseberry which is packed with the lot of nutrients, Polyphenols, vitamins, minerals iron and etc.
So here we discuss some of the benefits of Amla:
- Fights Against Heart Disease :- Nowadays, High cholesterol is the leading the severe cause of heart disease. So Amla reduces the risk of heart disease. And it also reduces clogging in the arteries by boosting good cholesterol or HDL.
- Improves Eye-Sight :- It is very useful in improving eyesight. As it is rich in Vitamin C and also it counters diseases like reddening, itching and watering of eyes.
- Helps to Increase in Hair Growth :- It plays a vital role in the overall health of hair as it nourishes the scalp and roots that promotes the growth of long and healthy hair.
- Makes Skin Glow :- As we know Amla is rich in Vitamin C, so it gives your skin a smooth and a youthful look. And it also lighten the spots and reduce the occurrence of pimples by applying the amla paste on it.
- Helps in Digestion :- It is helpful in improving liver function as it has high in fiber, water content, and also has anti-inflammatory properties that helps us in digestion.
- Cures A Sore Throat :- Amla is the best remedy for cough and sore throat by taking amla juice mixed with a few pieces of chopped ginger and mixed with a tablespoon of honey.
- Prevent Ulcers :- Amla is a great way of curing ulcers and helps to reduce the acidity level in the body.
- Helps to burn Fat :- Amla helps us in weight loss as it has the higher level of amino acid that will helps to shed unnecessary fats from the body.Amla also helps in flushing out toxins that have accumulated in our body.