Here are a few things we want you to know.
- We Crave for your Time- An introvert craves for your time. We don’t need much, just bring us your heart. Just bring us your closeness; your unhinged ribcage; your dreams and your aspirations. Bring us the deepest secrets of the world you hold within you, and we will explore it. We will always explore it.
- We Want your Understanding- We crave for the ability to be who we are — the over thinking, daydreaming, human beings with messy heart, who have the loudest thoughts tucked beneath their skin.
- We crave for your distance- Trust me — if we love you, we love you, but we crave for your compassion, your space, because moments alone with our hopes and our dreams are just as important as the moments we spend with you. They are our strength. They are our comfort, our fuel.
- We crave for your attention even in a crowd- Everything is fine for us unless we are in a crowded room full of people. We are not comfortable around people we don’t know. Our brain isn’t wired like your brain. Amidst the uneasiness, we like to see you watch us from distance and do every effort to be around us to keep us calm.
- We crave for your knowledge of us- But most of all, we crave for your knowledge of us. We crave the way you see the small things we do as declarations of our love. See, when we do extroverted things with you, when we come out with you and dance with you and laugh out loud with you, we want you to know what that means. How we love seeing you happy. How it makes it all worth it, even if it makes us weary.
And when we invite you into our heads, when we show you our favorite pet, our first story or poem or cry in front of you while watching our favorite movie, when we share with you these extensions of who we are, and what shaped the very foundation of our souls, we want you to know what that means. How hard that is for us. How we try for you. How we will always try for you.