“Some of us say we’d rather have something than absolutely nothing, but the truth is, to have it halfway is harder than not having it at all.”
Grey’s Anatomy is one of the most popular shows on television and has been since 2005 even through all of the catastrophes, deaths, and extraordinary moments. I’m pretty sure many of us have been able to relate to all of the classic Meredith Grey’s monologues, Yang’s dialogues and many other quotes from the show. It heals your heart, forces you to try and what not! Here’s a list of my favourite quotes from the show.
1. “Knowing is better than wondering. Waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying.” -Meredith Grey
2. “If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you’re scared that it’s not the right thing. Even if you’re scared that it’ll cause problems. Even if you’re scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it loud and you go from there.” -Mark Sloan
3. “Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy but he’s not the sun, you are.” -Christina Yang
4. “We don’t get unlimited chances to have the things that we want, and this I know. Nothing is worse than missing an opportunity that could have changed your life.” – Addison Montgomery-Shepherd
5. “Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here and don’t give a damn about what anyone thinks.” – Cristina Yang
6. “You never know the biggest day of your life is going to be the biggest. The days you think are going to be the big ones, they are never as big as you make them out to be in your head. It’s the regular days, the ones that start out normal. Those are the days that end up being the biggest.” – Izzie Stevens
7. “Time flies. Time waits for no man. Time heals all wounds. All any of us wants is more time. Time to stand up. Time to grow up. Time to let go. Time.” – Meredith Grey
8. “We all think we’re going to be great. And we feel a little bit robbed when our expectations aren’t met. But, sometimes, our expectations sell us short. Sometimes, the expected simply pales in comparison to the unexpected. You have got to wonder why we cling to our expectations. Because the expected is just what keeps us steady, standing still. The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives.” – Meredith Grey
The list is endless and I can never pick my favourites.