Make the most of winter greens with this wholesome dinner salad.
2. Vegetable stock or water
4. Cashew nuts
5. Yellow zucchini
6. Edamame or peas
7. Spring onion
9. Olive oil
10. Ground cumin
11. Garlic clove
13. Avocado (optional)
14. Chili flakes (optional).
1. Place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups of vegetable stock or just water (as preferred) into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Place a lid on top, slightly ajar, and reduce to a simmer for approximately 15 minutes until cooked.
3. Set aside with the lid on to cool for five minutes.
4. Steam 1 and 1/2 cups of broccoli florets.
5. Slice 1 yellow zucchini lengthwise and chop finely. Also finely chop 1 spring onion, 1 large handful of basil and 1 large garlic clove.
6. Combine all these ingredients with 1/2 cup of shelled edamame beans or peas, 3 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp ground cumin, juice and finely grated zest of a lemon, along with the quinoa.
7. Season generously with salt and cracked black pepper.
8. Top with 1/2 cup of toasted cashew nut pieces, sliced avocado and chili flakes (if using), just prior to serving.