A veggie lasagne packed with greens is a brilliant option for vegetarians and meat eaters, and since this one can be made ahead and frozen, it’s ideal for the busy Christmas period.
- 350g broccoli, broken into florets
- 100g kale
- 100g spinach
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 650ml milk
- 75g Cheddar, coarsely grated
- 200g lasagne sheets
- 85g bag crispy salad
- 150g baby plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the broccoli, cook for 3 mins, then add the kale. Cook for 3 mins, drain, then stir through the spinach to wilt. Rinse under cold water, then drain thoroughly.
- Heat the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min before adding the our. Cook for 1 min, then gradually stir in the milk. Simmer for 2-3 mins until slightly thickened, then stir in 50g Cheddar.
- Spoon a quarter of the cheese sauce on the bottom of a 20cm square freezerproof baking dish. Cover with a third of the lasagne sheets, then top with half the veg. Add another quarter of the sauce, another third of the lasagne sheets, then the remaining veg. Top this with another quarter of the sauce, followed by the remaining lasagne sheets, then remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 mins or until golden and bubbling, removing the foil for the last 10 mins,
- Meanwhile, toss the salad leaves with the tomatoes. Whisk the oil and vinegar in a jug, season, then drizzle over the salad. Serve with the lasagne.