Having a crush on a guy and daydreaming about him is the easy *and fun* part. But we’re gonna show you how to talk to a guy you like.
1. Stop focusing your attention on what he’s thinking about. I know you worry about what he’s thinking, but you shouldn’t be. This is the first thing to do! If you want to be as relaxed and comfortable as possible, stop thinking about what he’s thinking. It doesn’t matter. If he doesn’t like your thoughts or opinions, he’s not the one for you.
2. Don’t lie. This is just because I don’t want you creating all these lies about yourself just for him to like you. Plus, you have to keep up with all the lies you make, which is not an easy task. So, just be honest. This isn’t for him, it’s for you. I know you want to tell him what he wants to hear, but if it’s not honest then don’t say it. And plus, no one likes a liar.
3. Let him talk about himself. If you have nerves talking to him, the best thing to do is ask him a question about himself. People love talking about themselves, so it gives you some time to relax and gather information about him. The best way to do this without looking like an interviewer is by asking open-ended questions. Meaning, questions that cannot be answered with only a yes/no reply. For example, if in class together you can ask him, “What do you think about this group assignment we have to do?”
4. Laugh. Everyone likes to be around people who they share a laugh with. In addition, it helps you relax once you laugh together. Now, if you’re not a jokester, that’s okay. Sarcasm and dry humor are also really funny. If he says something funny—laugh. If you say something, laugh as well. Why not?
5. Flirt it up, girl! There’s nothing wrong with flirting. In fact, it’s what builds the sexual tension between two people. If you like him, flirting doesn’t hurt. Smile at him, give him a playful wink, touch his arm when he says something funny. These non-verbal cues show him you’re interested in him, and if he’s into you, he’ll most likely flirt with you back.