Legendary actor Om Prakash Puri or Om Puri passed away on 6th January; 2017.He had a massive heart attack at his residence at Andheri. It is very sad to ehar the death of such a talented actor.
- Om Puri appeared in various mainstream and offbeat films in Bollywood. Known for his roles in the movies like Akrosh (1980),Arohan (1982) and TV series like Sadhagti and Tamas.
- He won a Padam Shri , highest civilian award in India in 1990 and he was made a honorary officer at the Order of the British Empire.
- This was remarkable achievement in his career and also the contribution of the timeless masterpieces from him in the Cinema World.
- Regarding his childhood, his mother was not sure of his date of birth, but she remembered she was born two days after Dusshera in 1950. When Om Puri saw, how Dusshera is celebrated with the pomp and splendour, then he kept his birth date as 18th October, 1950.
- For his education, he is a 1973 alumnus of NSD, National School of Drama, Nasserudin Shah was his fellow student and later they both become friends during their Bollywood journey too.
- Regarding personal life of Om Puri, he was married twice, first to Seema Kapoor in 1990 and the couple got divorced only after eight months and in 1993, he got married to journalist Nandita Puri with whom he had a son named Ishaan . The couple was divorced in 2009.
- Om Puri never took politics seriously and always found solace in cooking and gardening.
- In the end, Om Puri has gifted us with so many films that speak the reality of the world, with his impeccable style of acting.