Can you tell me one thing that’s better than cake? No? It’s cheesecake!! Even better if it’s a hassle free no bake cheesecake. If you are a vegetarian, the cherry on the top is if it’s eggless. Well, that was just a figure of speech, there certainly aren’t any cherries in this cheesecake for sure. So, today we bring you an easy no bake eggless blueberry cheesecake recipe.
In case you are wondering what’s a no bake cheesecake It is a cheesecake that requires no baking. It contains no eggs and no granulated sugar. Yet it’s still rich and tangy from the cream cheese and it’s smooth and creamy!
So here we go:
BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes (You read that right)
Chill time: 4 hours
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cupsDigestive crackers biscuits crumbs (about 10 full sheets)
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspooncinnamon
- 6tablespoons butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 2cups heavy whipping cream, very cold
- 1 cuppowdered sugar
- 2teaspoons vanilla
- 250gms packages cream cheese, very soft!
For Blueberry topping:
- 1/2cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cupfresh or frozen blueberries
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla
- Place crackers in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs. It is important to have fine crumbs so the crust holds together well.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in the butter until well combined. The mixture should be thick, coarse and sandy.
- Press the mixture in one even layer on the bottom of a 9 inch pan. Use a flat measuring cup or the bottom of a glass to help compact the crust. This is very important or the crust may fall apart. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or in a large bowl beat the cream with the powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Set aside. In another large bowl beat the cream cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spoon the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and fold in gently just until combined. Spoon into the prepared crust and spread into an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- While the cheesecake is chilling combine the water, sugar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir to combine. Add the blueberries and lemon juice. Simmer over medium to medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour into a heat safe container and place in the refrigerator to cool. When ready to serve the cheesecake top with cooled blueberry topping.
Tadaan! The cheesecake will be ready after the chilling and you can then start binging on it. This cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, yay, BONUS!