There’s a time and place for nearly everything. Is playing hard to get with a guy one of them? Here’s the truth you really need to know.
I’ll be honest; sometimes playing hard to get with a guy can work. However, it won’t make anything last. You might initially snag a guy by playing hard to get, but women often take it too far and end up losing their hook and bait along with the guy.
That’s why playing hard to get with a guy is sometimes pointless. And if you go for a guy who really doesn’t play games, you’re worse off than you realize. You have to start respecting a man’s time and show him you like him if that’s how you feel.
Guys play hard to get sometimes, too
It’s usually just as pointless as you playing hard to get. In all honesty, games aren’t good for anyone. We’re all guilty of doing silly things in order to get someone’s attention and naturally, playing hard to get is often our first move.
But do you like when a guy plays hard to get? Probably not. More often than not, girls who are going for a guy who remains just out of reach get annoyed and end up moving on. So why is it women think the same games work with men?
Why playing hard to get with a guy is pointless
It can work sometimes but usually, it’s not very beneficial for forming healthy, happy relationships. Here’s why playing hard to get with a guy might not go as you planned.
1. He might hate mind games. Some guys like the game aspect of dating and getting to know someone. Others, however, hate it. You can’t possibly know which he is going into it and if you really like him, it’s just not worth the risk.
2. He could misinterpret it. This is especially true if you don’t know how to play hard to get in a way that actually makes a guy more interested. In this case, you could be doing a bad job of it.
And instead of him being interested in you, you’re showing him that you don’t like him. Some guys get the hint and take off without trying to win you over. That means you’ll turn him away instead of bringing him in closer.
3. He only likes the chase. Some guys have a problem when it comes to chasing women. And that problem is that they ONLY like the chase. Once they get a girl, they don’t have any interest in her.
If you run into one of these guys and play hard to get, you might hook him. But if he’s this type, he’ll end up leaving once he has you. So what’s the point?
4. You’ll seem immature. This is probably the biggest reason playing had to get with a guy is more harmful than it is helpful. He might look at your playing hard to get as a really immature way to get someone to like you.
And that’s because it is. If you’re serious about finding a guy and having a good relationship with him, playing hard to get is such a childish way to go about it. Be mature and just get to know him.
5. He’ll have a hard time knowing how you really feel. It all has to do with you playing a game. Because that’s what it is. He can’t tell how you really feel if you’re dodging him or not responding to his texts in an appropriate timeframe. He’ll be clueless and that can hurt your chances of getting him.