Now, this doesn’t mean you need to dodge every question they ask, but there are some things you don’t have to talk about. It’s okay to leave a little mystery. If these secrets were things that happened in the past, you may not have to tell them. Of course, it depends what secrets we’re talking about.
1. You’ve had better sex. You may have had better sex but this isn’t something you need to share. Plus, the sex with your past partner may have been amazing, but you lacked the connection you have with your new partner.
The point is, your partner doesn’t need to know they’re second or third best. This isn’t going to make them feel good about themselves, nor will it make your relationship stronger.
2. How many sexual encounters you’ve had. Listen, whether you’ve slept with two people or 200, no one needs to know this except for you. Of course, when it comes to STIs you should tell them. This is something that could affect their own personal health.
But other than that, if you’re in a committed relationship with your partner, there’s no need to exchange the numbers of people you’ve slept with. The number doesn’t change anything.
3. A characteristic you don’t like that they can’t change. If you don’t like a core characteristic they have, well, what are you going to do? Tell them that they don’t like something that they can’t change? And then what? Now, if you’re concerned about their weight, for example, these are things that can change but have to be encouraged positively.
Your partner is going to have quirks that you may not like, but that’s also why you love them.
4. If you dislike any of their family members. Of course, you think your family is better than their family. And naturally, since they’re not your family, the things they do may bother and annoy you. It can be disrespectful to express this. Instead of openly disliking their family, find a solution to co-exist with them.
5. How you spend your money. If you’re married to your partner and share expenses, naturally, how you handle your money may differ in some aspects depending on how you arrange it. You don’t need to explain every daily purchase you make throughout the day. This only adds anxiety and stress to a relationship. But if you’re in debt, you should let them know.