Here are some insides about the most dynamic women leader of Asia in recent times:
- Jaya lathilaa Jayaram was born on 24 February 1948. She was a charismatic personality and a dynamic leader.
- She was an Indian film actress and politician.She was a leading film actress in 1960s and appeared in more than 120 films
- Jayalalithaa served 5 terms as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu i.e. 14 years.
- Fondly, she was once called “Iron Lady of Tamil Nadu and later called “Amma” means mother.
- Her mentor was MGR, M.G. Ramachandran, Tamil cultural icon who was also successful actor and politician.He introduced her to the politics and once MGR wanted to elect her in RajyaSabha due her fluency in English.
- She learnt Bharatnatyam at the age of 3.
- Jaya attended Bishop Cotton Girls School and she was an excellent orator and student but Jaya started acting at the age of 15 due her family monetary conditions.
- Her first movie was an adult movie and she could not watch that movie as she was not an adult.
- Jaya fell in love with already married actor ShobanBabu and she used to see him through binoculars from her residence though she never got married.
- She always missed her mother and that can be seen in her interviews too. Jaya candidly recollect how she holds sari pallu of her mother so that she cannot leave her while sleeping.
- She was fluent in several languages Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi, Malayalam and English. She was a great reader of English literature and it was with her during her travels also.
- After her triumph as the Chief Minister she was again elected as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu in the May 2016 elections and she quoted her faith in God helped her to get the position.
- On 22 September, she was admitted to Apollo Hospital as she reported for acute dehydration and infection. After Jaya suffered a cardiac arrest at around 16:45 but it was officially announced death of Chief Minister on 5th December 23:30 IST.
- Jayalalithaa was buried with full state honours and her last journey was the largest procession Tamil Nadu had ever It was around 12 million people who walked along with their beloved leader.
- She was buried next to the grave of MGR on 6thDecmeber 2016.
- As a leader, she broke down the stereotypes and gender inequalities in the society.
[Above facts are based on the information collected from Wikipedia, Economic times & TOI]
Some Unseen Pics of IRON LADY-