- 1 1/2 c. frozen peas
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 12 basil leaves, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer peas to a small bowl. Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook just until al dente, about 9 minutes. Reserve 3/4 cup pasta water, then drain pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium. Add asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add peas and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook 2 minutes more. Turn off heat and set pan aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan. Add drained pasta and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water and toss to coat well, adding more if necessary.
- Fold in asparagus and pea mixture, along with lemon zest, lemon juice, and basil. Season pasta with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and additional salt if necessary. Divide among bowls and top with extra Parmesan and basil if desired.