Shy girls have their own subtle way of revealing their feelings. It won’t be obvious or even clear, but if you know the signs a shy girl likes you, you can take it into your own hands and turn that crush into a date. Shy girls are worth your time and effort because once they get comfortable with you, they are awesome and amazing women. So, be aware of these subtle signs a shy girl likes you, and you could be headed down the path of your ideal relationship.
Do not expect her to be touchy feely. She may avoid hugs, flirting, and even sitting close to you. A shy girl will likely get nervous around you. Inside she may wish she was talking to you, sitting near you, and even kissing you but she just isn’t there yet.
So in order for you to pick up on these signs, you must pay close attention.
1. You catch her staring at you. This may seem a little weird, but in reality it is super sweet. If a shy girl likes you, she will be scared to make it known, but if she really likes you she won’t be able to help herself.
You may catch her staring at you from time to time. And when you notice, she may immediately look away and even blush. I mean you may have broccoli in your teeth, but she probably has a crush.
2. She laughs at your jokes. Okay, well maybe you’re just really funny. But if she giggles around you it may be her nervous laughter. Try to notice her laugh around her girlfriends versus her laugh around you. Is it different?
And if everyone else doesn’t find your jokes to be all that funny, but she laughs, you’re golden. As a shy girl she may take a back seat in groups, but you should notice if she is paying extra attention to you and focusing on what you have to say.
3. It might seem like she doesn’t like you. Have you ever read Pride & Prejudice? Well, she maybe be acting a bit like Mr. Darcy *if you haven’t seen it, think Colin Firth’s character in Bridget Jones Diary*. She likes you but doesn’t know how to express that so she can come across cold or even a little snobby.
She doesn’t mean to ignore you or come across as rude or aloof, she is just shy and perhaps afraid of rejection. She certainly doesn’t want to come on too strong.
4. She won’t be the best at flirting. At least not in person. When you chat she may come across awkward, but maybe via text and social media she is super flirty and bold. That is a sign she likes you, it just takes her longer to warm up in person.
It can be a lot easier for someone shy to express themselves through a screen. And who can blame her?
5. She is very polite. Girls who are shy tend to not want to draw attention to themselves. That means if she is feeling something strong she won’t let it out.
For instance, if she sees someone else flirting with you instead of saying something or making her way into the conversation she’ll either leave or be extra polite. She may even let you talk about another girl and support you because she doesn’t want to ruffle any feathers or cause drama.
6. She gets flustered. Just as she may not be a champ at flirting she may get flustered easily. So if you give her a simple compliment like you look nice, she may blush and giggle instead of saying thank you. She may also avoid making eye contact.
It is not that shy girls have low confidence necessarily, they just aren’t used to attention and don’t know how to react to it. But don’t worry, if she likes you, that compliment means the world to her, so keep them coming.
7. She waits for you. By this, I mean she doesn’t start conversations with you. And she won’t come up and talk to you or text you first. She will wait for you to come to her.
This is not about playing hard to get, she actually is hard to get, even if she likes you. Shy girls may be a touch more effort to figure out, but they are so worth it. If you notice you have to reach out to her first or invite her to hang out she could just be a shy girl that likes you.
8. She won’t try. She may try to work up the courage to talk to you or make a move, but she probably won’t do it in an obvious way. Some girls may buy a new outfit, try a new hairstyle, or load on the makeup. But shy girls usually want to blend in.
She won’t want people asking her why she changed her look or who she likes. Now there is a chance she will change something to see if you notice, but it will be subtle. She is not trying to impress you, but rather wants you to notice her for her.
9. She will be a great friend. Shy girls often fall into the friend zone on accident. She will be helpful, caring, and listen to you. But she won’t necessarily be flirty or sensual in how this comes across.
She may be more than happy to spend time with you. It may be hard for her to actually come out and show that her feelings are more than strictly platonic.
10. Her feet point towards you. This is something you see body language experts go on and on about. If you’re sitting on a couch, standing around in a big group, or anything like that her feet pointing towards you is a telltale sign she likes you.
She may not even be aware of this as it is almost entirely subconscious, but when you like someone your feet naturally point toward the object of your affection. This may be the most subtle on the list, but it is one of those sure signs a shy girl likes you.
But don’t constantly stare at her feet. Her crush on you might turn into being creeped out at your potential foot fetish.