You’re almost used to it by now. You tell people you’re not interested in dating. They give a puzzled expression followed by one of remorse for the life you have chosen to live alone. The truth is, being single is totally cool. There is more to life than dating and getting married. These are some of the most common reasons why people are putting the kibosh on shacking up.
1. Hear them. Before you can listen, you have to be aware that your partner is talking to you. If you are busy and you hear them talking to you, stop what you are doing and talk to them. If you can’t do that, tell them that you will be with them shortly. Miscommunication happens when a person is too wrapped up in what they are doing and then fail to realise that their partner is talking to them.
1. They will always be honest. You may think all friends or at least all good friends are honest. But that isn’t always the case. A blunt person, however, will always be honest even brutally so if need be.
1. They’re expert text decoders. Women often try to interpret the seemingly straightforward but possibly subtly cryptic texts they get from guys. Why isn’t there a smiley face? Why did he say “hey there” instead of just “hi”? Why did he take three hours to respond to your text? Your girlfriends can be speculating about all sorts of scenarios and hidden meanings behind these texts.
1. She is hot. Yes, unless she is half ogre, he likely thinks her attractive. But that is no reason to worry or freak out. You can be attracted to someone without ever acting on it and without having actual romantic feelings. Unless he is a cheater, he can think someone is hot without acting on it. I’m sure you do it all the time.
If you start noticing little things out of the ordinary about your guy friend and feel the need to ask yourself, “Does my guy friend like me?” you may feel panic stricken. But have no fear!
If you’re feeling a disconnect from your partner, you may start to feel like they are embarrassed of you, even if they’re just navigating their own social hangups. But, if you’re really feeling like your significant other is embarrassed by you, here are a few signs that it might be time to talk about it.
1. THEY DON’T REALLY LISTEN WHEN YOU TALK
When you’re talking to your date, pay attention to the quality of the conversation, particularly how much effort they’re making to get to know you and how willing they are to go beyond just surface-level small talk. If they are half-listening to what you say and may try to interrupt you by touching you or changing the subject, especially if the conversation veers into more emotionally vulnerable territory then this is a sign that they are not interested in anything beyond sex.
1. Loving someone is a commitment. Being in love is compulsion. You can love your grandmother. You can love apple pie. As much as you might care for a nice sugar high or a hug from nana, it probably isn’t the first thing that you think about in the morning. Even if you are a lifelong chocoholic and tend to think about getting a hit of the sweet stuff before noon, you can probably move on from it. If your health depended on it, you could probably give up on sugar and eventually start to crave sweet fruit in the morning.
When it comes down to deciding who your best friend for life is, there really is no competition when you have a sister. She has been filling that role like a boss since day one. Sure, you had the luxury of growing up together in the same household that most best friends don’t have, but there’s so much more as to why your sister is your number one friend and fan.