Being adventurous is when you go beyond your limits and do something that you may have never done before or feared to do it. Apart from adventurous sports, there are also various roads on which driving can be adventurous as these roads are scary as hell.
Yes, you read it right. Earth contains everything in it and such scary roads are also a part of it. These roads are accident prone areas and the number of death rates is always very high. According to a survey, about 1.3 million people die in traffic accidents. As per WHO, 2011-2021 is declared as the ‘Decade of action for road safety’.
Now, do take a tour to such roads that will give you goose bumps and bring the shit out of you.
- North Yungas Road, Bolivia is the scariest road across the globe. The road is also termed as “Road of death” because of its high rate of death every year. 200 to 300 travelers lose their lives here. Inter-American Development Bank said it to be ‘World’s most dangerous road’.
- Jalalabad- Kabul Road, Afghanistan is such a road that is scary for its natural calamity and also for human calamity as well. The road connects Jalalabad to Kabul covering distance of 65 kms and have steep roads and winding lanes. Apart from this, the road is majorly covered with Taliban territory.
- James Dalton Highway, Alaska is the road that runs through the middle of nowhere. You will not find anything visual in that stretch that connects Elliott highway, North of Fairbanks to Deadhorse near Arctic Ocean.
- Karakoram Highway, Pakistan is built to connect Pakistan and China across the Karakoram mountain range. This highway also known as ‘Friendship Highway’ by the government officials who built it even addressed to be the highest paved international road across the world.
- Guoliang Tunnel Road, China was built by the several villagers before the government took it to build the mountain pass. The construction of this pass is highly dangerous and people find it scary to use if quite often.
- The Zoji Pass, India is connecting route between Srinagar and Leh through the Indian National Highway 1D. This is the connectivity from Kashmir to Ladakh. The road ranges from 3,528 metres and is the second highest pass after Fotu la. The route is shut down during winter.
- Skippers Canyon Road, New Zealand is the only road that requires special permit to drive. The road is so very narrow that two vehicles face to face cannot cross the other one. This is one of the scariest road range existing.
- Los Caracoles Pass, Chile is mostly covered with snow and runs from Chile and Argentina. The road is almost snow covered and landscape has natural beauty along with some scary turns.
- The Stelvio Pass, Italy is the highest paved mountain pass of 9045 feet covering Eastern Alps. The road looks more like a concrete barrier.
- Sichuan, Tibet Highway China is the road that connects Chengdu and Tibet. This road is prone to accidents and landslides as well as rock avalanches are also part of it. around 7,500 deaths are recorded for every 1,00,000 drivers.