Recently, when Shah Rukh Khan traveled in a train from Bombay to Delhi to promote his upcoming film, the train ride became the talk of the town. Trains are one of the best way to reach a destination. Train journeys are always a memorable one with your near and dear ones.
With changing time, technology is changing and some way or the other affecting our lives. In case of trains, it all started with steam engines. Then as technology enhanced, so did the speed of the train even. Now we travel on high speed trains or bullet trains.
Now, every country is in the league of producing fastest trains or say bullet trains for their country that will take least time to reach a destination. Noted down are such types of some fastest trains that cover several kilometers in just few hours. Have a look.
- Shanghai Maglev runs from Shanghai’s Pudong International Airport to the Longyang Metro Station covering 19 miles distance. The speed of the train is 267 mph and is said to be the fastest train of the world.
- Harmony CRH380A travels at a speed of 236 mph from Shanghai to Nanjing. Presently it travels additional route of Shanghai to Hangzhou and Wuhan to Guangzhou.
- Trenitalia Frecciarossa 1000 runs at a speed of 220 mph. it is Europe’s fastest train which connects Milan to Florence or Rome. This train is also termed as ‘red arrow’. The components used in the construction of this train are fully renewable and sustainable
- Renfe AVE is the fastest train of Spain. This train runs at a speed of 217 mph and travels from Barcelona to Paris in six hours. This particular train covers the major Spanish cities and beyond it as well.
- DeutscheBahn ICE is the high speed intercity express that the country has. The train is in itself a beautiful thing to get a view of. The train is coloured with white and silver and has sharp red line that makes something really very impressive for passengers to view at. The train runs at a speed of 205 mph covering the beautiful scenic German countryside.
- Eurostar e320 and TGV runs at a speed of 200mph. The better one among these two is the second one for its wooing speed of 320 km/hr covering some major parts of Europe. These trains are the newest in invention for the company that is in this business for 22 years.
- Hayabusa Shinkansen E5 is a Japanese train which runs at a speed of 200 mph. This train is said to be newest bullet train of Japan and is the fastest train that runs on Japan’s tracks. This is the fastest in the regular commercial service.
- Thalys is the train that connects various stations together. Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris and Cologne are the stations that this train covers. The train runs at a speed of 186 mph. This is the most important train that Europe inherits.
- Hokuriku Shinkansen E7 is the train that runs at a speed of 161 mph. The train runs over the Japanese Alps. The train is manufactured by one of the best companies named Kawasaki Heavy Industry and Hitachi. East Japan Railway Company is the operator of the train.
- Amtrak Acela Express is an American high speed train which is first in the row. The train runs at a speed of 150 mph connecting the ‘Northeast Corridor’ which includes Boston, New York , Philadelphia Baltimore and Washington D.C.