Turmeric is good for acne, particularly for oily skin, due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antioxidant properties. It can be applied and taken orally on a regular basis. Turmeric milk can be drunk to treat acne or any other skin ailment, as turmeric is a blood purifier with lots of healing properties.
Turmeric face masks made at home are effective in reducing redness and swelling caused by acne, pimples, and other skin infections.
- One teaspoon turmeric powder
- One teaspoon gram flour
- One teaspoon plain yogurt or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- Mix all the above ingredients to make a face mask of a consistency that can be applied easily.
- Add some more milk if you find the paste thick.
- Apply this directly on your face.
- Leave on for fifteen to twenty minutes and scrub gently. Wash off.
- Apply only a thin layer, because this face mask doesn’t come off easily.
- If a yellowish stain remains, don’t wash with soap or any face wash. Take some gram flour on your palm and make a paste by mixing some milk and water into it.
- Rub this scrub on your face gently and then wash it off. Your face will be glowing as never before.
Apply this turmeric face mask for acne three times every week.