Face masks at home with turmeric are very helpful to treat a number of skin conditions, such as dark spots, blemishes, acne, pigmentation, wrinkles, stretch marks, and cracked heels.
Turmeric (also called curcumin and haldi) has been used traditionally as a beauty treatment in India. It helps to balance and restore skin’s natural pH level. It slows down the skin’s aging process, heals dry skin, and makes skin supple. Turmeric is also good for acne as it is a natural antiseptic.
In India, a mixture of turmeric and gram flour is applied to the bride and bridegroom on the morning of the wedding day, so they will have a golden glow on their skin at the time of the wedding.
- Two teaspoon gram flour/chickpea/besan flour
- One teaspoon turmeric powder
- Three to four teaspoon of yogurt
- Ground Oats (for dry skin)
- Add two teaspoons gram flour (also called chickpea, garbanzo, or besan flour) to one teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Now mix with three or four teaspoons of yogurt.
- Mix well, and apply to the face for 20 minutes.
Gram flour is particularly good for oily skin, but if you have dry skin also add ground oats to make your dry skin smooth. Yogurt with its antioxidant properties helps protect the face.
Using this face mask twice a week will add a natural golden glow to your facial skin.