Make your mornings healthier by making these nutritious Vegetable Appams for breakfast. All you need is your regular idli batter and your favourite vegetables. You require very less oil to make them and it’s a perfect tiffin material for your kids. Here goes the recipe.
1. 3 cups Idli batter
2. 1 Tomato (chopped)
3. 1/4 cup green peas
4. 1 (1/4 cup) grated Capsicum
5. 2 green chilly (minced)
6. 1 inch piece ginger (finely chopped)
7. Salt (as per taste)
8. 2 tbsp green coriander (finely chopped)
9. 2 tbsp oil
1. Mix finely chopped tomatoes, green peas, capsicum, green chilly, ginger, salt and green coriander in the idli batter and mix well.
2. Preheat appam maker and pour some oil in each mold on the maker.
3. Take mixture in a spoon and fill the molds with the idli batter. After filling all the molds, cover and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
4. When the appams get golden brown from beneath, flip sides. Cover again and cook for 2 more minutes. Cook until appam get golden brown in colour at both sides.
5. Vegetable appams are ready. Serve them with green coriander chutney, tomato sauce or coconut chutney
1. You can increase or decrease the vegetables as per your taste or use only those vegetables you like the most.