This easy recipe turns a simple pasta bake into a green veggie feast. Pasta, broad beans, watercress and artichokes are all cooked in a rich and creamy mascarpone sauce with a golden halloumi topping. Fresh chilli adds a little spice, but you can leave it off if you prefer.
- 300g conchiglie pasta
- 200g frozen broad beans
- 125g mascarpone
- 85g pack watercress
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 x 140g packs chargrilled artichokes, thinly sliced
- 175g halloumi, cubed
- 1 large red chilli, sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 mins or until the pasta is almost tender. Add the broad beans and cook for a further 2 mins until the pasta is fully cooked through. Do not drain. Stir in the mascarpone to make a creamy sauce, then remove from the heat.
- Reserve a few sprigs of watercress to garnish, then roughly chop the remainder and add to the pasta with most of the lemon zest, stirring to mix. Season to taste.
- Add half the pasta mixture to a baking dish. Layer the sliced artichokes over the pasta, then cover with the rest of the pasta. Press the halloumi cubes into the top. Bake for 25-30 mins until the halloumi is lightly browned and the sauce is bubbling.
- Garnish with the chilli and the reserved watercress and lemon zest before serving.
Tip: Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days. Reheat until piping hot.