1. Talk to them. Of course, the most obvious and important thing to do to help someone who feels sad is to talk to them. Sit them down and tell them you are here to listen to them and help them talk through whatever it is upsetting them. Sometimes just being a good listener is all you really need to do.
2. Buy them a gift. Buying a thoughtful present for someone when they feel down in the dumps is a cute way to let them know you are thinking of them. It could be something fun and silly or something they always wanted, but getting a gift when they are sad works wonders at making them feel better once more!
3. Take them on a friend date. Really spoil them by taking them out for a night on the town, to a spa for some pampering, or just out for dinner. Going on an evening out helps distract them from whatever is troubling them and really get their mind off things. It reminds them they can still have fun too!
4. Send them a cute text. Reaching out to them via text is a quick and easy way to check if they are okay and cheer them up. Just knowing people are thinking of them and that they care about them helps someone going through a tough time.
5. Send them flowers. If you’re wondering how to make someone feel better even if you aren’t around them, flowers are pretty much guaranteed to cheer anyone up. Subtly find out what their favorites are and send them a bunch. The pretty blooms bring a cheer to any room and keep them feeling positive despite whatever has happened.