As you will find out, having a girl best friend makes life more complete, albeit crazier and more fun which is not exactly a bad thing.
1. You and your girl best friend are always mistaken for a couple. And if it’s just you and the guys, they constantly ask if you slept with her. Being mistaken for a couple is just a fact of life for the both of you. You are well adept at answering, dodging, and explaining to the public that you’re just best friends.
Still, you relish the fact that you and your girl best friend look so good together that people assume you’re a couple.
2. If you say you’re not together and are just best friends, people assume you’re gay. For some reason, you hate humanity for not accepting the fact that a man and a woman cannot be close friends without falling for the other. Because the next assumption after they realize you’re not dating is that you’re the fabulous gay best friend.
3. But then, you always have a date during “emergencies.” Got an emergency where you need a plus one? Got an extra ticket to a concert and no one else wants to go? Did your crush turn you down to be her date on prom night? Never fear, your girl best friend gladly comes to your rescue!
4. Going out with her regularly makes you an expert on dates. You go out with her so often, you’ve collected a considerable amount of experience on how to take a girl out on a date.
5. One of you becomes the third wheel in each other’s dates. On the flip side, the best friend agreement obliges you to accompany the other as a third wheel on a date as a precaution in case things get boring.
6. She gets completely naked in front of you, and it’s not sexual. You just don’t think of her as a woman you’ll sleep with. From an outsider’s perspective, you look like an old married couple who lost interest in worldly desires. She probably uses the bathroom in your presence with the door left open or changed clothes in front of you while having a casual conversation.
7. Both of you are emotionally intimate. You’ve seen a side of the other’s personality that no one else sees. Especially as a man, you show your girl best friend your vulnerable side. You trust her to accept you as you are. You probably cry in front of her and spout emotional nonsense that you wouldn’t dare show any other person.
8. You’ll be her go-to guy when PMS strikes. She expects you to come at her place during the wee hours of the night with pizza and ice cream. Sometimes with a supply of tampons in case she runs out. You deal with her emotional rollercoaster while you watch 90s chick flicks on Netflix as she nurses her PMS.
9. She’s often close with your family, sometimes more than you’ll ever be. Your family treats her like the daughter they never had. She is especially close to your mom who checks up on you through her. You sometimes wake up on a weekend to find her eating breakfast with your family.
1.0 You’re frustrated at the fact that your parents and her parents wish that you end up together. You can’t actually blame both your parents for this since you get along so well. But you can’t find the right words to explain that it’s not going to happen.