Perfectly tender and crispy chicken served with potatoes and all the delicious resting juices.
1. Whole chicken
2. Fresh rosemary
3. Fresh thyme
4. Garlic cloves
5. Sea salt
6. Freshly ground pepper
7. EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
12. Baby jacket new potatoes.
1. Rinse 1 whole chicken inside and outside with water, then pat it dry with paper towels.
2. Wash the leeks, celery, carrots and onions, then roughly chop 100 gms of each vegetable. Also wash 250 gms of new potatoes.
3. Make a mixture of 1 tsp chopped rosemary, 1 tsp chopped thyme, 4-5 chopped garlic cloves, 2-3 tsp of EVOO with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
4. Season the chicken thoroughly with half of this mix and vegetables with remaining half of the mix.
5. Stuff the chicken with half of the vegetables.
6. Put the remaining vegetables in a roasting pan and place the chicken breast-side up over the vegetables.
7. Tie the legs of the chicken together with kitchen twine to help hold its shape.
8. Place the potatoes around it and roast for 1 to 1 & 1/2 hours.
9. Don’t forget to baste the chicken with the drippings and rotate the pan every 20 minutes or so to ensure golden crispy skin.
10. The chicken is done when an instant-read thermometer shows 165 degrees F. (When inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, the legs of the chicken should wiggle easily from the sockets too).
11. Take out the chicken onto a platter and let stand for 5 minutes so the juices settle back into the meat before carving.
12. Serve with roasted potatoes on the side.