Of course, having kids is biologically a part of us. We’re designed to reproduce as all other animals. There’s one thing that makes us different. We’re conscious beings.
We have the choice between having kids or not. But when you bring up this topic to most people, they look at you in shock. Why wouldn’t you want kids? Is there something wrong with you? But in reality, the reasons for not wanting children are understandable. Once you know the reasons, you will better understand women who don’t want children. It’s more common than you thought.
1. Population control. We all watch the news, we all have eyes. Right now, the world isn’t going down the best road. If we keep bringing more people onto the planet, well, who knows how much of a planet we’ll have left. Overcrowding and environmental deterioration are strong reasons to not have children.
Not only do they not want to contribute to the problem, but they also don’t want to have their offspring suffer with what’s happening around us.
2. Children aren’t cheap. I know you can’t put a price tag on love. Let’s get real, children aren’t cheap. In fact, raising one child in the United States until they’re 18 will cost you around $250,000. On top of those costs, you may have medical, car, and other financial payments which make it hard for you to think about financially supporting another human being. If you can’t support yourself, how can you support a child?
3. She has fertility issues. This is a common problem with women. It prevents many women from continuing the process of getting pregnant. Depending on the treatment needed to have kids, it could simply cost too much or they don’t want the pain of trying and having it fail. Some women don’t want to go through any artificial procedures if they can’t bear children naturally.
4. Fear of passing down certain genes. Naturally, we’re curious about how our child will turn out. If your family has a strong history of health issues, including mental health, your desire to bring a child into the world may not be as strong.
There’s a huge fear that women *and men* will bring a child into a world filled with hardship and suffering.
5. Career matters more. Some women would rather focus on their career than raising a family, and we all know the struggle of balancing both career and family. You simply can’t have it all. This is why some women choose to focus on their jobs rather than a family. Can you blame them? No. At least they’re not spreading themselves thin. Instead, they’d rather just not have children at all.